Museum Pass Program
Tinicum Memorial Public Library offers Free Museum Passes to Adults with Delaware County Library System cards in good standing.
Passes are available for a 3 day checkout to one of a host of local museums and attractions, including entrance for adults and children.
Click the links below to see if the pass is available through the online Delaware County Library System.
American Helicopter Museum
Share the wonder of vertical flight through exciting, immersive, multi-sensory experiences. Visit www.americanhelicoptermuseum for more information.
Pass admits: 4 guests (any age; children under 2 are free)
Visit an array of animals native to North and South America and temperate Asia. The Zoo offers accessible observation areas as well as a Zootique gift shop, snack bar and picnic area.
Pass admits: 2 adults and 4 children under 18
Drexel University’s Academy of Natural Sciences
Philadelphia’s natural history museum offers surprises for all ages, from changing interactive science exhibits to a children’s discovery center, a fossil dig, and opportunities to interact with real science experts. www.ansp.org.
Pass admits: 2 adults and up to 5 children in the same household
Eastern State Penitentiary
ESP was once the most famous and expensive prison in the world, housing many of America’s most notorious criminals, including bank robber “Slick Willie” Sutton and Al Capone. Tours offer a glimpse at life inside the prison’s historic cell blocks. www.EasternState.org.
Pass admits: up to 6 individuals
Independence Seaport Museum
The ISM is connects the community with the regions waterways. Pass offers free general admission to the Museum and historic ships, Cruiser Olympia and Submarine Becuna. *Hours vary, call ahead to confirm or visit www.phillyseaport.org.
Pass admits: 2 adults and up to 4 children
Explore the wonders of the newly transformed Africa Galleries, Mexico and Central America, and Sphinx Galleries. Exclusive member events not included. Advance tickets recommended. Visit www.PennMuseum.org for more information.
Pass admits: 2 adults and all children residing within the household
A place of natural beauty dating back to William Penn, Tyler Arboretum serves our region through horticulture, education and the preservation of natural lands. Visit www.tylerarboretum.org for more information.
Pass admits: up to 4 individuals for general admission
Museum Pass Program Policy
The Museum Pass Program allows patrons free access to local cultural and educational attractions. This program, sponsored by the library, was made possible, in part, through generous funding from The Library Foundation of Delaware County.General information:
- Any Delaware County Library cardholder age 18 or older without fines or fees on the account is eligible to borrow a pass.
- There is no fee to borrow a Museum Pass. Fees will apply if the Museum Pass is returned late, damaged or lost.
- Patrons must sign the TMPL Museum Pass borrowing agreement prior to checking out a pass.
- Museum Pass admission policies vary with location. Please refer to the information included with the Museum Pass for specific information.
- Some Museum Passes offer additional benefits such as discounts to a gift shop, cafeteria, etc. Please refer to the information included with the Museum Pass.
- Museum Passes may be borrowed for 3 days. They are not renewable.
- Holds are not permitted on Museum Passes. Patrons may call on the day they wish to borrow the pass. If available, the pass will be held for two (2) hours or until closing, whichever occurs first. If the pass is not picked up within that timeframe, it will made available to other patrons.
- Only ONE Museum Pass may be checked out per household at any time.
- All Museum Passes must be returned to Tinicum Memorial Public Library ONLY.
- Museum Passes must be returned in person to the circulation desk and handed directly to a staff member.
- Do not return Museum Passes in the drop box.
Daily Overdue Fine: $10 per day up to the cost of the membership. A $5 processing fee will be charged if the Museum Pass is not returned in the plastic sleeve.
Lost Museum Passes: Fee will be the replacement cost of the pass.